Friday, February 6, 2009

The Fort. . . back in the day. . .by Levi


Today, Tommi and I played outside ALL day! We built walls on our fort with sticks and wood we got from the forest. We dragged it for like five miles! (Tommi is disagreeing with the distance)
This is our campfire. We pretended like we were olden day people. That's why the title is called "back in the day".

This is another picture of the wall we built. It really helped keep the wind out. We were so snug and warm in our fort!
This is the rest of our fort. The top is where I go hunting. We got a lot of meat. It was very windy today.

This is our whole fort. It is very old. We built it one evening when my mom was working at Sangrita. My dad helped us. All we did today was fence the bottom. We won't fence the top. Look closely, the big pieces of wood are plywood. Tommi and I tried to build another fort out of that but it didn't work so we used it for a wall on this fort. We had to saw the piece closest to the tree.

This is the BEST fort. The wind will probably knock the stuff down, but , Oh well, we can fix it! It was very cold outside but we had a great day! When we got hungry, we went to the store. The store is actually our house. It was a great day, but now me and Tommi are REALLY tired. The End.

4 comments:

  1. I guess you would be tired. What a fun project. It makes me want to come and roast hot dogs with you over your "fire". You both are sooooo creative. Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to love building forts. Also, when Papa would burn his burn pile on Saturdays, Adam and I would roast hot dogs or potatoes in it. We built forts inside, outside, in the snow, with Legos. I'm so glad you live on property where you can do the same things! I love that picture of you and Tommi inside your fort!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stella and her dad built a fort too this weekend. It must be the weekend for forts! Yours looked pretty comfy, cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work you two. How about spending a night out there in the summer time??

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete